... life is made of. A collection of ideas, ramblings, musings, and the periodic deep thought. A place to explore the stuff...

Friday, June 03, 2011

Humbled

"Just wanted to share the wonderful, wise, insightful thoughts of one of the truest heroes I've ever known. Awesome stuff... and there is a great, true story of adventure, white-knuckle dangers, tear-jerking heartbreak, and outrageous laugh-out-loud joy behind every one of her thoughts here. Really inspiring!"


A pastor-friend of mine posted this on FB after reading my  "What I Know for Sure" entry.  Since he was witness to a good number of the events that prompted the learning of the last decade, his words were some of the kindest I've heard in a long time.   Beyond being encouraged, I found myself very humbled.  I do not see myself as a hero at all. I couldn't agree more that it's a "story of adventure, white-knuckle dangers, and tear-jerking heartbreak..."

It's words like these that cause me to stop and ponder the journey I've walked, and to be reminded again that my willingness to share it may very well encourage someone else.  And, that is is what prompts the response of "outrageous laugh-out-loud joy," making every single moment of the last 10 years worth it all.

No comments: